Yeah, I have a bunch of stuff I want to at least mention, that I don’t really want to do full posts on, either because it’s rehashing shit I’ve rehashed before, or it’s just kind of insignificant.
1. James Gunn getting kicked off Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and the MCU in general. Ok, look, several people have posted asking how long it’s going to take for someone to be forgiven for saying stupid and inappropriate shit? He’s grown up. We’ve all said and done stupid shit. So why wouldn’t you forgive and forget for someone trying to be a better person?
Well, a good start would be if the person actually were trying to be a better person. However, all the misogynist crap in both of the GotG movies says otherwise. Why call Gamora a whore? Draxx is supposed to be really literal, right? So murderer, exterminator, executioner, lapdog of a tyrant, there are literally (ha, see what I did there) dozens of things that would have been vastly more appropriate for Draxx to have called Gamora than whore, which she is not.
Also, do not get me started on Mantis. No, wait. Let me get started on Mantis. Why would you take a super, bad ass character like Mantis and turn her into a simpering stereotype of “submissive Asian womanhood?” WHY?
Because you’re a misogynist, that’s why. No quarter given.
ETA: So, I was on a roll with the whole misogyny toward Gamora thing. The Thanos thing was not Gunn’s fault. Mea culpa for writing as though it were.
Also, that whole “Thanos killing the one thing he loved” thing. Just no. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Just no. I and whole generations of emotionally abused children, particularly girls, are here to tell you how much abuse-justifying bullshit that is.
Ok, apparently I thought I had more to say on that than I thought I did.
2. Avengers Academy app game. The changes they made in it earlier this year broke it, as far as I’m concerned. I kind of hate it now, and haven’t played it in months. Given I try to toss money at apps I really enjoy at least once a month, yeah. Nope. Bad call, guys. At least as far as prying money out of me.
3. Marvel Puzzle Quest. Remarkably fun, actually. I resisted this one for several months, but the Geek Husband What Rules kept bugging me about it, so I gave it a shot. I like it. I don’t PVP on it much. But I am commanding an alliance. Let me know if you want in.
4. Dragonvale. Still cute. Still play it. Or rather play it again. I lost all my progress two phones ago. sigh. That’s ok I just started over, and really, I’m fine with that, except I keep thinking I have dragons I don’t because I remember my old game.
5. Still need to see Ant Man and Wasp. Maybe this weekend.
6. Clothes. Pinupgirlclothing.com has skirt, big enough for petticoats if you are so inclined, with the dance scene from the old Love and Rockets comic printed as a band around it. (Psst, it’s on sale!) I just got one. I love it. Also, memo: me, buy one size smaller in their skirts in the future.
Oh, and the original pair of magical German tights are finally starting to give out. It’s been since what, April or March, maybe even February. And honestly, they’re still super wearable. Still no chub rub, just a couple of teeny runs I stopped with nail polish above the hemline, and one hole from my stupid sharp toenails.
I think that’s about it.
If you like what you read here, please consider donating using the link at the top right of the page: Keep Us Geeking, or checking out my Patreon. Thank you!
Also, if you’d like to see what sort of fiction I write when left to my own devices, please feel free to check out my fiction Patreon, Nothing Nice Comes Out of My Head.